Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Progress

Today I made what feels like a huge jump forward in work on The Dewit. Though I realize that much of the work is still to come.

Today I went to the lumber yard again, and got African Mahogany for the back and walnut for the base and ribs.

I also got to work in the shop of Mike Smith, the luthier who is helping me out. So I was able to get my base pieces cut to approximate thickness, my back rough cut and the upper panel of the tuning pin box roughly cut out.

With this amount of progress I am able to see what (very roughly) what the instrument will look like.

Below are a few pictures of working on the wood and what the pieces look like when they are leaned against each other. The first is of my transport to and from the lumber yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment